The Status module allows a server administrator to find out how well their server is performing. A HTML page is presented that gives the current server statistics in an easily readable form. If required this page can be made to automatically refresh (given a compatible browser). Another page gives a simple machine-readable list of the current server state.
The details given are:
- The number of worker serving requests
- The number of idle worker
- The status of each worker, the number of requests that worker has performed and the total number of bytes served by the worker
- A total number of accesses and byte count served
- The time the server was started/restarted and the time it has been running for
- Averages giving the number of requests per second, the number of bytes served per second and the average number of bytes per request
- The current percentage CPU used by each worker and in total by Apache
- The current hosts and requests being processed
How do I configure mod_status to display Apache web server status?
Enable/uncomment mod_status.so module
# vi httpd.conf
Create virtual section
Restart apache service
Access apache status in web browser